VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and onion. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Add remaining cheddar cheese; stir until blended. With well-floured hands, pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture over dough; top with broccoli. Combine the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pour over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Beef Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p60
Reviews forBroccoli Beef Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2012
"The title is a bit deceiving, but technically accurate. I would just recommend calling a quiche a quiche next time. It was definitely a good recipe and a good use for ground beef."