Broccoli Beef Curry
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 50 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- Cornstarch and water, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- Toss meat with garlic, ginger, curry powder, chili powder and salt. In a large skillet or wok, cook meat with onions in oil until browned. Stir in water.
- Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add broccoli and more water if necessary; cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender. If desired, thicken with cornstarch dissolved in water. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 379 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Aug 6, 2009
adding 1 cup of water for 1.5 lbs of meat and its suppose to simmer for an hr and a half...just doesnt cut it, it evaporated in 10 minutes. added more water and it watered down the sauce. now it tastes like nothing...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.