- 1-1/2 pounds round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- Cornstarch and water, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- Toss meat with garlic, gingerroot, curry powder, chili powder and salt. In a large skillet or wok, cook meat with onions in oil until browned. Stir in water. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add broccoli and more water if necessary; cook, covered, until broccoli is crisp-tender. If desired, thicken with cornstarch dissolved in water. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Beef Curry
"adding 1 cup of water for 1.5 lbs of meat and its suppose to simmer for an hr and a half...just doesnt cut it, it evaporated in 10 minutes. added more water and it watered down the sauce. now it tastes like nothing..."