- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a skillet or saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, mustard and salt; heat until bubbly. In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, arrange half of broccoli; top with half of the eggs, half of the cheese and half of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle onions on top and bake 5 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Bake
"This recipe is one that gets my boys to eat their vegetable and it taste good too!"
"This was way toooooo salty. There's got to be a better way to eat broccoli."
"My husband liked this, but I thought it was a little dry. Next time I will add a little milk to the soup mixture to thin it out so it is a little creamier."