Broccoli Bacon Quiche Cups
Chock-full of veggies and melted cheese, this comforting and colorful egg bake has become a holiday brunch classic at Irene Steinmeyer’s home in Denver, Colorado. TIP: For a tasty variation, try substituting asparagus for broccoli and Swiss for cheddar cheese.—Irene Steinmeyer, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, cook broccoli and onion over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, seasoned salt if desired and pepper. Stir in bacon and broccoli mixture; add cheese and tomato.
- Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 quiche: 170 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Bacon and Broccoli Frittata in Comfort Food Diet 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.