Broccoli and Noodles
—Dorothy Haskenhoff, E. Carondelet, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain noodles and add to the skillet; cook and stir until heated through.