Broccoli and Noodles
—Dorothy Haskenhoff, E. Carondelet, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain noodles and add to the skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Brocoli and Noodles in Reminisce Extra January 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.