Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- 5. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 519 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1305mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was very good. I made the mistake of using too much chicken so I didn't have enough sauce. Rather than making more sauce, I used some Panda Express orange sauce I had in the fridge. I served it over rice."
"Very good, even over rice."
"I thought it was absolutely delicious!!! Definitely a keeper!!! And cooking the spaghetti squash was so easy, and perfect with this dish!!"
"My family loved this recipe. I added fresh green pepper, powdered ginger, and cut out 1T of the soy sauce."
"I made this tonight and everyone had a clean plate. I thought it was very easy to make. I didn't have spaghetti squash, though, so I used whole grain linguine. So good!"
"I didn't have a spaghetti squash so used rice. I also cut the soy sauce a bit in the sauce. It was very good. I do agree that prep time wot exactly fast but the outcome is very good!"
"Be sure to use a really good soy sauce for the best flavor. I have made it twice, and once I made the mistake of using soy sauce take out packets."
"Such a tasty recipe and beautiful to serve. Perfect with the spaghetti squash....my husband loved it."
"There is too much salt - soy sauce - in this recipe for it to be healthy: 3 tablespoons in the sauce and another tablespoon in the stir-fry."
"This was a little more work to make than I would have liked, but it was worth it! The taste was excellent, and it got my husband to eat more healthy. The flavor of the sauce is different, but tasty."
"This was the first time I'd cooked with spaghetti squash, and I was amazed at how easily the 'noodles' came out of the squash with a fork. I would cook the squash for 10-11 minutes in the microwave; the half I cooked for 12 minutes got a little overcooked and the noodles were more mushy and didn't hold together as well. I added 3/4 water to the bottom of the baking dish, so that may have been why it cooked faster.The breading on the chicken was rather messy and time-consuming, but it was also quite tasty and paired well with the slightly sweet-and-sour taste of the sauce. I would give this 4.5 stars if I could."
"This dish was a long way from "simple" (Batter for the chicken was a mess.), but it was "delicious"."
"Everyone liked the squash "noodles" but we'd substitute another stir fry on top.Three out of Five Testers here would eat again."
"My husband and I made this for dinner tonight. We did not have the spaghetti squash so we substituted it by using rice noodles. Big Hit!!!"