Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1305mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 2, 2015
This was very good. I made the mistake of using too much chicken so I didn't have enough sauce. Rather than making more sauce, I used some Panda Express orange sauce I had in the fridge. I served it over rice.
Jul 30, 2014
Very good, even over rice.
Jan 30, 2014
I thought it was absolutely delicious!!! Definitely a keeper!!! And cooking the spaghetti squash was so easy, and perfect with this dish!!
Jan 16, 2014
My family loved this recipe. I added fresh green pepper, powdered ginger, and cut out 1T of the soy sauce.
Jan 3, 2012
I made this tonight and everyone had a clean plate. I thought it was very easy to make. I didn't have spaghetti squash, though, so I used whole grain linguine. So good!
Dec 7, 2011
I didn't have a spaghetti squash so used rice. I also cut the soy sauce a bit in the sauce. It was very good. I do agree that prep time wot exactly fast but the outcome is very good!
Nov 17, 2011
Be sure to use a really good soy sauce for the best flavor. I have made it twice, and once I made the mistake of using soy sauce take out packets.
Nov 2, 2011
Such a tasty recipe and beautiful to serve. Perfect with the spaghetti squash....my husband loved it.
Nov 2, 2011
There is too much salt - soy sauce - in this recipe for it to be healthy: 3 tablespoons in the sauce and another tablespoon in the stir-fry.
Apr 16, 2011
This was a little more work to make than I would have liked, but it was worth it! The taste was excellent, and it got my husband to eat more healthy. The flavor of the sauce is different, but tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.