- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was very good. I made the mistake of using too much chicken so I didn't have enough sauce. Rather than making more sauce, I used some Panda Express orange sauce I had in the fridge. I served it over rice."
"Very good, even over rice."
"I thought it was absolutely delicious!!! Definitely a keeper!!! And cooking the spaghetti squash was so easy, and perfect with this dish!!"
"My family loved this recipe. I added fresh green pepper, powdered ginger, and cut out 1T of the soy sauce."
"I made this tonight and everyone had a clean plate. I thought it was very easy to make. I didn't have spaghetti squash, though, so I used whole grain linguine. So good!"
"I didn't have a spaghetti squash so used rice. I also cut the soy sauce a bit in the sauce. It was very good. I do agree that prep time wot exactly fast but the outcome is very good!"
"Be sure to use a really good soy sauce for the best flavor. I have made it twice, and once I made the mistake of using soy sauce take out packets."
"Such a tasty recipe and beautiful to serve. Perfect with the spaghetti squash....my husband loved it."
"There is too much salt - soy sauce - in this recipe for it to be healthy: 3 tablespoons in the sauce and another tablespoon in the stir-fry."
"This was a little more work to make than I would have liked, but it was worth it! The taste was excellent, and it got my husband to eat more healthy. The flavor of the sauce is different, but tasty."