- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, onion and raisins; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, combine broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, bacon and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli and Cauliflower Salad
"This is one of my favourite salads. Next time I think I to will also substitute cranberries for the raisons."
"I substituted sunflower seeds for the water chestnuts and used turkey bacon. I skipped the almonds. Our fellowship loved it."