Broccoli and Apple Salad
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, apples, dried fruit and onion. Add yogurt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate until serving.
1 cup: 124 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 28, 2016
Can sour cream be used in place of yogurt?
Feb 21, 2015
This is delicious and easy to make. I used real bacon that I saved from breakfast. I love this flavor combination and am so happy to find this made with yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Next time, I will add some walnuts or pecans.
Dec 11, 2014
This is a keeper. It's good and light. I did add some walnuts to it. Enjoy!!! For some reason it will not take my 5 star rating
Dec 9, 2014
It was a very tasty combination of food but l thought it needed more dressing, a little sweet too so l added some rice vinegar.. It looked very inviting. Janet FE