There's plenty of both crunch and cream in these party appetizers. Fresh chives help them really stand out. —Jean McKenzie, Vancouver, Washington
Featured In: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 miniature sweet peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, chives, salt and pepper; stir in broccoli. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; bake 9-11 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool slightly before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Broccoli & Chive-Stuffed Mini Peppers in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016