This bright yellowish green vegetable is seasoned with Asian flavors for a delightful side dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small head Broccoflower (about 1-1/4 pounds), broken into florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry Broccoflower in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add red pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until Broccoflower is crisp-tender. Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 73 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Broccoflower Stir-Fry in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition