I love going to British teas—we have a popular tearoom here in Albuquerque. These scones have an outstanding flavor and tender flaky texture.—Carole Jasier, Lecanto, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the eggs, 1/3 cup cream and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times.
- Pat dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining cream.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until browned. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.