Brisket with Gingersnap Gravy
Total TimePrep: 2-1/2 hours + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 to 6 gingersnaps, crushed
- Place brisket in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the water, chili sauce and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cool; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices; return to the pan. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 181 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Aug 11, 2011
I will be trying this because I like the idea of using gingersnaps but I'll use beef stock/broth instead of water and I'm thinking of adding a little maple syrup. I'll report back.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.