- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine the onion powder, salt, pepper and allspice; rub over brisket. Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the cranberry sauce, horseradish, lemon juice and bay leaf; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; discard bay leaf. Transfer 3 cups cooking juices to a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice beef across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBrisket with Cranberry-Horseradish Gravy
"Beyond Delicious! I made this for Sunday dinner and everyone loved it. Simple to put together in the morning and then enjoy later. Wasn't sure how the horseradish was going to go over but my family couldn't get enough. Very little left over which was eaten the next night.Trying to rate five stars but only four are appearing."
"Delicious! Slightly sweet, slightly tangy. I had many compliments on this dish and it was way-easy to make!"