Brisket for a Bunch Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 12 split hamburger buns or garlic bread slices
- 1. In a large skillet, brown brisket in oil on both sides; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute celery and onion for 1 minute. Gradually add the broth, tomato sauce and water; stir to loosen the browned bits from pan. Add the sugar, soup mix and vinegar; bring to a boil. Pour over brisket.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with buns or bread and cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich: 279 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Brisket for a Bunch
"Very good recipe. Make sure to save the cooking juicies to store the leftover meat in or it will really dry out fast."
"This is a 5 star recipe. Didn't have time to slow cook the meat so I used the pressure cooker and cooked it for 40 minutes. Great flavor."