Bright Blueberry Muffins
Dried cranberries are a nice alternative to the blueberries in these tasty muffins. My diabetic friends think these are great.—Pat Byble, Springhill, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beating just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
This recipe was tested using Imperial 1/3 less fat stick margarine.