VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat stick margarine, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- In a mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beating just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bright Blueberry Muffins in Country Woman May/June 2004, p36