Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote
Just six ingredients are all I need to create an elegant appetizer perfect for entertaining. The tart cranberry compote pairs well with creamy Brie cheese. —Katherine Watson, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, vinegar, cranberry sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Brush bottoms of bread with butter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top bread with Brie. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese, about 1 tablespoon on each.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 145 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.