Brie Tartlets with Caramelized Balsamic Onion Marmalade
These elegant bite-size tarts combine sweet caramelized onions with creamy Brie to create a simple yet sophisticated appetizer…perfect for your next party.—Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 30 pieces
- Toasted slivered almonds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Add brown sugar, vinegar and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Place one piece of cheese in each; top with onion mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Serve warm.
To Make Ahead: The caramelize onion marmalade may be made up to a week in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 67 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.