These rich, buttery whipped potatoes are delicately flavored with Brie and fresh thyme—and likely to become a family tradition for special occasions. Thanks to Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee for the recipe.
Recommended: 52 Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with milk, cheese, butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Brie Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p11
Reviews forBrie Mashed Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2009