- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 4 ounces Brie cheese or Camembert cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into six strips and widthwise into six strips. Gently press puff pastry squares into greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Press cups down with wooden spoon. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves in center of each cup. Top with cheese, nuts and chives. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
Reviews forBrie Cherry Pastry Cups
"I have a question to one of you. The cherry preserves = is that Cherry Jam? All I have seen in the grocers is Cherry pie Filling or Jam."
"Followed exactly. Did not go over very well. I think that maybe it was the brie. Not everyone likes it. May try again with something else."
"Outstanding! It's tempting to eat several after tasting them. Made them exactly like the recipe and will make them for special occasions. A little pricey for all the ingredients, but it is worth it."
"Tasty treat. I used a light brie and the cheese did not melt very well. It was still tasty nevertheless. I will make with regular brie next time."
"I use premade pastry cups, goat cheese, walnuts in syrup and cranraisins. The chives wouls be great for Christmas color."
"Also wanted to add that some slivered almonds on top instead of, or possibly even in addition to, the chives would be heavenly! ;)"
"This sounds utterly fabulous! I like the idea of using some apricot preserves as a change even though I dearly love anything cherry. I did notice that pretty much without exception, the lower rated reviews seemed to be because the recipe was not followed as written. Puff pastry and phyllo dough are NOT the same thing. And I've never noticed individual cherries in cherry preserves. Sounds like somebody didn't read very well & was using maybe maraschinos? Anyway, I'll be making these for sure! I can already taste them without ever having made them!"
"These are a perfect balance of flavours. The cherry preserves give a perfect touch of sweetness to go with the cheese. Everyone devours these."
"A fun recipe to play around with too. I made these and also made them using corned beef, cream cheese and chives. Great recipe and full of flavor."
"Excellent recipe with lots of possibilities for change. Note: puff pastry and phyllo are NOT the same."