Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata
“Hearty, warm and filling, this pretty strata is great for a gathering. You can substitute 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese for the Brie, if you wish.” — Lee Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (1 pound), cubed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces), rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and potato in oil until tender.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, onion mixture, Brie and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Brie-and-Veggie Breakfast Strata in Taste of Home December/January 2010
Nov 7, 2010
Delicious. Served to my book club and received rave revews and recipe requests.
Jan 1, 2010
I made this for a New Year's Day brunch and it was a big hit. I didn't make any changes to the recipe and would make it again as is.