- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge and set aside. In a bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt; add to peaches and toss. Sprinkle with almond extract; toss gently.
- Transfer to prepared crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Cut slits in pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBride's Peach Pie
"I was 3 months pregnant and craving pies like a madwoman. My only variation is homemade crust but I love this pie so much that I would bake two and tell the family I made one so I could secretly eat an ENTIRE pie to myself and still have a slice or more of the other pie! I made more than 20 of these pies (I am not lying) over the course of my 2nd trimester and any time a girlfriend announces a pregnancy I rush over with a fresh "Bride's Peach pie""
"I have made this pie several time and have recommended it to several people it's so good!"