Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
MakesAbout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; dip top of each ball into toffee bits and set 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 298 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2011
spiderminnow, isn't a 9 oz cake mix a JIFFY Mix ???
Dec 12, 2011
The 9 oz cake mix would be a Jiffy Mix Cake NOT muffin mix
May 10, 2011
Tasty and easy! I used 1/2 of a regular size cake mix. The second time I went to make these, I changed the recipe somewhat. I used an 18-1/4 cherry chip cake mix, 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 egg, beaten, 1 cup coconut and 1/4 t. almond extract. This was good too!
Jan 15, 2010
First of all, what kind of cake mix comes in a 9 ounce size? My box was an 18.25 so I doubled all of the rest of the ingredients. I did not chill the dough--just added the toffee bits (I omitted the pecans) and mixed all together. Came out great! Very easy once I figured out the ingredients ratio!Thanks for sharing!
Oct 10, 2008
These cookies are very good; quick and easy too.