Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. m+ cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. beat in eggs and salt. Stir in chocolate syrup, flour and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute; remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Beat until spreading consistency, about 3 minutes. Add pecans, frost warm brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2014
With short notice to fix something for a potluck I gave these a try. They are quick and easy with the ingredients on hand. I didn't make that frosting but used some already prepared. They were very good with a cake like consistency and everyone liked them.