- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. beat eggs; pour over cheese. Top with sausage mixture. Pour the cream over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBreakfast Supreme
"Made this for mothers day brunch along with the apple pancake on this site. As a family we count carbs so this is perfect. Made as submitted with the exception of the mushrooms not everyone likes them. I also thin they release a lot of moisture which delays the firming up process. Also put in a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes :-)"
"We call this Eggs Lorraine in my house. I have never made it with the ground beef, only sausage. I break the eggs over the cheese and break the yolks. Doesn't have to be refrigerated overnight either. Otherwise, the recipe is the same. This is good next day heated up. Simple and easy to put together for a crowd."