VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 10 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Maple syrup
- Cut sausages in half; alternately thread sausages, pineapple and mushrooms onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Brush with butter and syrup. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat, turning and basting with syrup, for 8 minutes or until sausages are lightly browned and fruit is heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Skewers in Country Woman July/August 1997, p35