Breakfast Sausage Ring
My daughter found this hearty sausage and egg recipe years ago, and our family loves it. It's baked in a ring mold and adds a festive flair to any holiday table.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 pounds bulk sage pork sausage
- Scrambled eggs
- Pimiento strips and additional parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion and parsley. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased oven-proof 6-cup ring mold.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill with scrambled eggs. Garnish with pimientos and parsley if desired.