Breakfast Sausage Ring
My daughter found this hearty sausage and egg recipe years ago, and our family loves it. It's baked in a ring mold and adds a festive flair to any holiday table.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, toasted
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 pounds bulk sage pork sausage
- Scrambled Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- Pimiento strips and additional parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion and parsley. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased oven-proof 6-cup ring mold.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill with scrambled eggs. Garnish with pimientos and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Sausage Ring in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.