My daughter found this hearty sausage and egg recipe years ago, and our family loves it. It's baked in a ring mold and adds a festive flair to any holiday table.
Recommended: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 pounds bulk sage pork sausage
- Scrambled eggs
- Pimiento strips and additional parsley, optional
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, onion and parsley. Add sausage; mix well. Pat into a greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Drain; unmold onto a serving platter. Fill with scrambled eggs. Garnish with pimientos and parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Sausage Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p13