Breakfast Sandwich Brunch Bake
This is like one of our favorite fast-food breakfast sammies only in a convienient enough for a crowd. If you want to make it ahead, mix up the casserole and chill it overnight before baking. &Mdash;James Schend, Editor Taste of Home magazine
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 13x9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Slice the muffins and Canadian bacon in half. Slice each tomato into 4 rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Top one muffin half with one piece of bacon and one piece of tomato. Repeat with remaining muffins, bacon and tomatoes. Arrange in the prepared dish, cut sides down. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, half-and-half, chives, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over muffins. Cover and bake 30 minutes or until just set. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 246 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as English Muffin Bundt Bake in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.