Breakfast Pudding Crepes
This originally was a dessert recipe, but my family enjoyed it so much that I turned it into a breakfast meal. Served with bacon or sausage, these tasty treats are a "crepe" way to start the day!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makesabout 12 crepes
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry or cherry pie filling
- Additional whipped topping and strawberries or pie filling, optional
- In a bowl, beat the baking mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add 3 tablespoons batter, lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper between layers.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 1 minute. Place about 3 tablespoons of fruit or pie filling down the center of each crepe. Top with about 1/4 cup pudding mixture. Roll up crepes and place on a serving platter. If desired, garnish each crepe with additional whipped topping and fruit or pie filling.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 430 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Pudding Crepes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook