Breakfast Praline Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in bread. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar; drizzle with butter. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 40-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 403 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2016
I cut this recipe in half for my family of 4 and baked it in an 8x8 square casserole. Made as written I give it 3 stars. We all drizzled it with syrup to bump up the flavor and that really made a difference. I will definitely increase the cinnamon and nutmeg next time. Easy to put together and nice to have made the night before.
Feb 11, 2015
I have had better. The only thing that I really like is the pecan and brown sugar topping with the butter drizzled over. That was very good.
Apr 1, 2013
To me it has just ok flavor. A little bland. My kids thought it was good. Unless they request it I don't think I'll make it again.