Breakfast Praline Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Stir in bread. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar; drizzle with butter. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 40-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 403 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
May 24, 2016
I cut this recipe in half for my family of 4 and baked it in an 8x8 square casserole. Made as written I give it 3 stars. We all drizzled it with syrup to bump up the flavor and that really made a difference. I will definitely increase the cinnamon and nutmeg next time. Easy to put together and nice to have made the night before.
Feb 11, 2015
I have had better. The only thing that I really like is the pecan and brown sugar topping with the butter drizzled over. That was very good.
Apr 1, 2013
To me it has just ok flavor. A little bland. My kids thought it was good. Unless they request it I don't think I'll make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.