Breakfast Pita Pockets Recipe
At home or on the go, pita halves make handy holders for this flavorful mixture of sausage, scrambled eggs and Swiss cheese. "I don't know where I found this recipe, but I do know everybody likes it," writes Mrs. James Kell of Ocala, Florida. "Once the pockets are filled, they can be kept warm in the oven until the whole family is fed."
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 5 pita breads, halved
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Place the pita halves in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until the eggs are completely set. Stir in sausage. Place a half slice of cheese in each pita half; spoon about 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each half. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Pita Pockets
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC