Breakfast Pepperoni Pizza
Here's a fun breakfast idea from Joanne St. Angelo of East Providence, Rhode Island. “Share one pizza for breakfast or have one each for a hearty dinner entree,” Joanne suggests. TIP: To ensure creamy eggs, don't overcook them!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion and water. In a small skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are partially set.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons cheese and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce. Top with scrambled egg mixture. Drizzle with remaining pizza sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is slightly crisp. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 547 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 1142mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.