Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 4-in. patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 28, 2013
I wanted to bring attention to this recipe. I have been making it for years and thank Jeannine Stallings for it. I have been making these sausages for my B&B guests since 1999 and still...everytime I make them....I get raves. They are so easy, have simple ingredients and have no nasty preservatives added. You can make them ahead and freeze them. You can also use it in bulk for recipes that call for bulk sausage. Thanks again for a great recipe.
Aug 25, 2013
We just had these for breakfast for the first time. OMG!!! YUMMY!! I will definitely make again!(I did add a little fennel to the mixture)
Jul 18, 2012
This was quite good. I'll put more seasonings in next time.
Oct 21, 2010
I've made this sausage many times, especially on vacation and it is always a hit! Yum:o)