- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 4-in. patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 patties.
Reviews forBreakfast Patties
"I wanted to bring attention to this recipe. I have been making it for years and thank Jeannine Stallings for it. I have been making these sausages for my B&B guests since 1999 and still...everytime I make them....I get raves. They are so easy, have simple ingredients and have no nasty preservatives added. You can make them ahead and freeze them. You can also use it in bulk for recipes that call for bulk sausage. Thanks again for a great recipe."
"We just had these for breakfast for the first time. OMG!!! YUMMY!! I will definitely make again!(I did add a little fennel to the mixture)"
"This was quite good. I'll put more seasonings in next time."
"I've made this sausage many times, especially on vacation and it is always a hit! Yum:o)"