- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cubed French bread (1-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, quartered
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside. Place bread in a large bowl; drizzle with butter and toss to coat. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer bread mixture to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.) Add Canadian bacon and pineapple; drizzle with reserved pineapple juice.
- Fold foil around bread mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBreakfast On the Grill
"I made a doubled recipe for a small morning meeting at work. I prepared it the night before and took a baggie of the cinnamon bread cubes and a baggie of pineapple and Canadian bacon. With foil and my George Foreman grill, breakfast was served. Compliments ranged from "very good" to "awesome". Even the leftovers were great warmed the next day!"
"This sounds amazing! I'm always looking for recipes that my scouts can make and this sounds like something the boys will enjoy trying. Thanks for sharing!"
"this is very tasty, and I made it using an aluminum foil pan and worked great!"