"My teenage stepsons are hearty eaters, so I like to make them a big breakfast when they visit," relates LuAnn Edele of Brewster, New York. "With its zesty filling, this Southwestern-style omelet is one of their favorites. I serve it with fresh-baked corn muffins."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and dill until blended. In an 8-in. skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; add the egg mixture.
- As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Top with cheese and salsa. Fold omelet in half. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired.