Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins
These hearty muffins are loaded with tasty ingredients, including apple, carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Grab one on your way out the door for a great take-along breakfast on a rushed morning.—Karen Lewis, Elkford, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 5, 2012
I had all the ingredients except for the orange extract, it didn't matter, these are really good and not greasy like some morning glory muffins I have tried - this has just the right amount of oil and applesauce combined.
Aug 17, 2010