Breakfast Morning Glory Muffins
These hearty muffins are loaded with tasty ingredients, including apple, carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Grab one on your way out the door for a great take-along breakfast on a rushed morning.—Karen Lewis, Elkford, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Morning Glory Muffins in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition--Cooks Who Care
Mar 5, 2012
I had all the ingredients except for the orange extract, it didn't matter, these are really good and not greasy like some morning glory muffins I have tried - this has just the right amount of oil and applesauce combined.
Aug 17, 2010