VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli ham, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Cut one-fourth off top of bread loaf. Hollow out both parts, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Place a fourth of the ham in bread bottom; top with half of each of the cheeses. Layer with red pepper, scrambled eggs, tomato and the remaining cheeses and ham. Press layers gently; replace bread top. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p13
Reviews forBreakfast Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2010
"A fav w/ my husband."