Noodle dishes are high on my family's list of favorites. In fact, they could eat lasagna any time of day. This is like breakfast lasagna with cheese, apples and raisins.—Carol Miller, Northumberland, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Toss apples with cinnamon.
- Combine applesauce and raisins; spread 3/4 cup into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with a fourth of the noodles, and a third of the applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and apples. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 348 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Kugel in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.