- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup each shredded Monterey Jack, Swiss and sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to eggs with milk; mix well. Stir in bacon, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forBreakfast in Bread
"I've made this twice - the first time I wasn't so sure I liked it, but I tried again. It was a hit at a family breakfast - everyone seemed relieved to have a non-sweet treat by this point in the holiday season.For me, it worked better when I used pre-cooked bacon. The texture was better."