Breakfast Burritos for Two
Get them up and out the door with these hearty handhelds. —Jenny White, Glen, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canned chopped green chilies
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 250mg cholesterol, 943mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Nov 10, 2013
This was quick and easy and wonderful.
Sep 9, 2010
This was easy to mix together, and it had a good flavor. I also saved myself some time by using some left-over sausage from dinner the night before so I didn't have to cook it in the morning.