A friend gave me this recipe and I modified it to fit our family. It's perfect for a brunch, because you can prep it the night before and bake it the next morning.—Krista Yoder, Due West, South Carolina
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1-1/3 cups salsa, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Enchilada sauce and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg mixture over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove.
- In same skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir together sour cream and soup. Spread half the sour cream mixture in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the tortilla pieces, half the salsa, scrambled eggs, sausage and remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture. Top with remaining salsa; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes. If desired, serve with enchilada sauce and sliced green onions.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed, increasing time by 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burrito Casserole in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p44