- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder; cut in butter. Combine eggs, vanilla and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Add raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over buns. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forBreakfast Buns
"Is it just me or do these "buns" look more like cookies?"
"I made this today from scratch and my husband and I loved it! It goes well with tea, coffee and/or cappuccino."
"I make this recipe and add 1/2 cup choped pecans or black walnut chips for a change of pace. They also store well in storage bags to use as snacks anytime."