These crisp treats lend a different shape to a cookie tray. And they're easy to prepare— just press into a pan, bake and break. My family enjoys them during the holidays and all year long.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup walnuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts; press down gently. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Break-Apart Cookie Bites in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p47
Reviews forBreak-Apart Cookie Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review