Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts
More than at any other time of year, watching your diet around the holidays can be a real challenge. That's when I reach for this chicken recipe. It's festive and full-flavored, so you won't feel like you're missing out on the best tastes of the season.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness and set aside. In a saucepan, combine mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; add rice. Mix well and set aside. Combine cornflakes, garlic powder and cayenne pepper; mix well. set aside. Spoon a fourth of the rice mixture onto the center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken around rice mixture; seal with toothpicks. Dip chicken in milk. Coat all sides with cornflake mixture. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.