This recipe calls for beef steaks to be dipped in an egg mixture, then coated in a combination of seasoned bread crumbs, grated cheese, parsley and garlic.—Sandra Lee Pippin, Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick), cut into eight pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Dip steak in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Top beef with tomato and cheese slices. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lemon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Breaded Sirloin in Taste of Home October/November 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.